CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Depression or Laziness??

So I've been wondering, am I depressed or just lazy? Am I homesick or just lonely? I need someone to diagnose me and find some pills to cure me!! I go to bed every night with resolutions for the next day. I make plans to work out, eat healthy, have fun with the kids, clean the house, do some crafting.... basically everything that I know makes me feel happy and healthy. Then I wake up and the couch and remote call to me. They are like a drug. I sit all day watching random tv shows and movies, eating everything unhealthy in the house while dwelling on everything that I hate about me new life. I end up in a bad mood which makes everyone else unhappy, cuz we all know "if mama aint happy, no one is happy"!!
So what is my deal? why oh why can't I stick to my resolutions? I know that I will be happier if I just do even HALF of the things on my list! So WHY?? Is it depression or laziness?? Hopefully I'll figure it out soon before I end up 50 lbs heavier and stuck in the couch cushions!!
I guess I may as well do 1 thing on my list today... update my blog!!

8 comments:

Kelsey Danielle said...

I am trying to add another post but it won't upload my pics! Guess I will do it tomorrow!

Michelle said...

I may just have to come down there and fish you out of those cushions. I know exactly what you mean. I've been there. I'm not sure if it's depression or not. But i do know it does pass. Keep making those resolutions and don't forget that Heavenly Father loves you!
I'll tell you what, if you do something arobic tomorrow for let's say even 15 min., like going for a walk or even just chasing little girls around, I'll do the same. Except it would be little boys in my case. :)

Snelders said...

I know what you're feeling. I'm feeling it too. I don't think its laziness (at least I hope not)! But more like lonliness. I'm feeling lost in this new life. But I keep telling myself that once we get settled in our house and we go to our new ward that everything will be okay. I really hope I'm right. I remember feeling this same way when we moved to Seattle, so I know that eventually this goes away, but it sucks for now. Good luck! I got your email yesterday, and definately we'll need to get together for dinner. Let me know when you're around!! We can be sad together and talk about the good ol' days in Kent :)!!

Brit said...

I keep meaning to send you a message on facebook to see how you are doing, but I am forgetful/lazy. I think your blog gives you some good advice..."Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." And remember, things always turn out.

Oh, and I look forward to the pictures- blogger was having issues I think, because I couldn't upload pictures one day this week.

Christie said...

sometimes life's just crappy. I totally understand about KNOWING what will make you happy and feel good about yourself and still not being able to just DO it. wish I had some advice, but I hope it gets better for you and that you find something to help you stay motivated!

Christie said...

well I do have one tip that I've noticed makes a difference for me. If I start my day off right, I usually end up doing better the rest of the day. like if I make sure my breakfast is healthy, I'm more likely to eat healthy the rest of the day. and it doesn't take too much effort. or if the first thing I do after breakfast is read my scriptures, then I'm a lot more productive after that. just some ideas!

Jessica Arnett Williamson said...

To me it sounds like you are going through a change in life. Ya they are hard. No lying about that. No one likes change. It is uncomfortable and that darn couch is just so familiar and comfortable. Don't be too hard on yourself. I know you'll make it through. At least your making it to the couch and not just staying in bed. Be sure to take care of yourself and give yourself some TLC.

We love you.

Jessica Brown said...

It is not you, it is totally the move. I remember moving to Seattle at first. I had no friends, didn't feel at home in the ward. Jaron was gone all day for work, and it was just me and a toddler to talk to. We were sick for a month or so, and I remember thinking "What is wrong with me, am I depressed". I wasn't. It was totally the move. And it will pass I promise.

I say let some of the things on your list slip and do something for yourself. Be easy on yourself. You just moved and your house looks amazing! Your doing great. Yesterday Liv said "I miss Kensie Judd".