CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A LOT to say!!!

Okay so I have quite a bit to blog about... sewing projects, jalie's personality, Kenzie's attitude, fun in the sun, and border patrol job. Yeah it's alot I know. Just skip through and read what parts interest you!!
First off is SEWING! My new hobby that I love love love! I made this adorable dress for kenz... it's alittle bit too big but I can't wait for her to wear it! So summery and fun! The top was made out of a dress shirt and I used the cuffs for straps.


Second I made a car seat cover for Jalie to keep the sun, rain and (when we go camping) campfire smoke off of her. I love how it turned out! Pink John Deere!


Alright 2nd is Jalie's Personality.... She stinkin cracks me up! This girl will smile at anything. And give you the "your crazy" look at the drop of a hat! I was having soooo much fun taking pictures of her fresh out of a nap on Sunday afternoon. Here are some of my favorite funny faces. Hopefully you will understand why I love this little one sooooo much! She is certainly a character!
3rd... Kenzie's attitude. Okay I love Kenzie so much, but I HATE the terrible two's!! We have had some HARD days lately! Note the scab on Jalie's cheek above. This was merely hours before the next two scratches appeared on her forehead. Not only is she being mean to her sister, she ignores everything I have to say and yells and screams if she doesn't get her way. She is still hitting other kids no matter what the punishment or reward. She gets up repeatedly from her bed and when I put her back in her crib she cried so hard she threw up. Its a battle every night. On the good side... she is smart. She knows her ABC's and counts to 10 all the time. She makes me laugh and smile every day. She is my biggest joy and also my hugest frusteration. Last night we had to call poison control because she took my non-drowsy sudafed pe at 9 o'clock at night. She ate at least 1 but there were 8 missing total so I have no idea how many she got. She was running around the house like a crazy person till 1030 then she fell into bed and crashed! We had to get up every 20 minutes to an hour to check on her. Of course Jalie only woke up once the whole night.... would have been nice to get some sleep!

This is her yesterday morning after getting in to "mommy's stick" as she calls it. She was soooo proud of herself and kept saying "pretty huh mommy?" ha ha had to laugh!!

4... Fun in the Sun. It was bright and sunny on Sunday. So after naptime I got the girls out of their church dresses and into some cute summer clothes. Kenz loved playing with her bubbles. I just enjoyed getting outside and leaving my window open!
Okay now for the major news... Border Patrol Job. JT's dream job is to work for the Border Patrol. He applied last August when he was in between jobs. He went through the hiring process and then we didn't hear anything for about 6 months or more. We have gotten settled with his new job with King County Corrections. Then Sunday evening I went to get the mail (from Sat) and I found a letter from the Dept of Homeland Security. It basically says that JT will soon be getting a phone call to give him a firm offer of employment with an on duty date. They said to get ready because he will be attending the academy shortly. "Shortly" and "Soon" being the key words here. So I was really upset. I didn't want to give up the job security we have now and our comfortable life here for another academy. I was sooo scared and we talked until the wee hours of the next morning about why we shouldn't take the job when they call. We agreed to pray about it and see what would happen. Within 24 hours I no longer could see all the negatives I had on my list and my positives list started growing and growing. We are now excited and nervous to recieve a call. It is JT's dream job and I am excited for him. The academy is 19 weeks long and I would stay in Washington while he's there. It will be a LONG 4 months away from him. Then it's off to where he'll be stationed somewhere along the border. This is a very scary thing for me but we are young and ready to take the jump. Let's hope we land on our feet!!!

5 comments:

Maggie Muggins said...

Congratulations JT! We're excited for you all but sad we'll have to say goodbye. Best of luck with the terrible-twos, I'm getting brief sightings of it myself and I'm not all too excited about that.

amy and luke said...

That is so cool!!! Everything all your sewing how cute your girls are getting and the new job JT will love it. And hopefully 4 mouths will fly by for you. Keep the faith and good luck!!! :)

Rachael said...

Wow! That was a lot to take in :) Your sewing is AWESOME! I love the dress. It's so cute. Jalie is getting HUGE and looks totally different than she did a few weeks ago. Kenzie is just being two. It sucks, TRUST ME, I know but she'll be over it soon. And I'm so happy for JT. It is a scary thing to move and everything but you'll do great. Call me whenever you want to come get the little picnic table and hair stuff. I'm almost always home.

Christie said...

that's so cool about JT's offer. when you say border patrol, do you mean like Mexico or Canada? I still can't get over how talented you are with all your sewing projects! I'm lost when it comes to that kind of stuff. Steve ripped a seam on a pair of shorts and I had to have a friend fix it for me. Also, your daughters are adorable - good luck getting through the temper tantrums :)

Marisa and Rob said...

I love all your sewing projects!!! :) Congrates on JT's new job!!! That is such great news for you guys!!We sure do love and miss you guys!