CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Blessings...

Okay so I couldn't come up with a good title because this post is going to be totally random but these are the blessings of my life over the past few days!

Today Kenzie hurt herself playing in her room... I don't know what exactly happened but she busted her ear pretty good. I tried to put a bandaid on it and she hated it, but like the good mom I am I bribed her with candy and she kept it on all evening! She went and found the "George stickers" and put one on her baby sisters ear! It was pretty cute to have them matching all evening! Poor baby!

My mom is addicted to garage sale-ing. She is a total pro. She got some great deals for me this weekend since I couldn't go along. She found me an eddie bauer double stroller for $25, a bunch of clothes and a couple pairs of shoes for Kenz and THIS>>> a vintage strait out of the 70's singer sewing machine.... how much you ask??? $5!! Yes only 5 bucks for this beauty! The person selling it thought it had a broken knob, but she was wrong. This baby runs like a champ!

This is my first completed project with my new machine. I hope this little top will look cute with her new jean shorts!


Thursday and Friday were spent organizing and cleaning Kenzie's room to move Jalie in. I liked the project but it definately wore me out! Here are a few of the pics... I still have a few things to put up on the walls but it's getting sooo cute! I finally finished my bird mobile... you can see it hanging over the crib under the leaf. I'll post close ups later!


Kenz loves to play with her baby sister. Jalie loves it when Kenz plays "Piggy went to market... weee wee weee!" ha ha it's so fun to watch them together!

Sorry this post is so long and boring... I feel like I'm updating my journal or something.... gotta let everyone know what we've been up to I guess!

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Yay, I'm glad you got a new machine. Mine is WAY 70's too. I love it! It's not complicated.

The Owens said...

Dang, I wish I was good at garage sales... but I think you have to go to them to be any good. I'm kinda scared of them, I don't know why. Maybe it's because they watch you the whole time lol

Youngs said...

glad the new sewing machine is workin well! the girls' room looks mega-cute, you always were creative!

amy and luke said...

now that is what I call a great deal!!! I love garage sales. You are such a good home maker. Way to go on all the dresses they are cute.

Laura Suzanne said...

Being a Stay at Home mom seems fun! I can't get any sewing done while I work.... YOU ARE LUCKY!!!

Trudy G. said...

You can't beat an old singer machine. I miss mine. It died after like 25 years. Can't wait to see the skirts on Mother's Day, they look so cute.